- This initiative will support theory-driven development of new measurement approaches for use with children during their early childhood years. It is critical that they be universally designed for large-scale studies and diverse populations.
- Total funding in the first year is expected to be approximately $5.5 million to support 6-10 awards.
- This initiative uses the NIH Research Project Grant (R01) award mechanism.
- Eligible organizations include for-profit or non-profit organizations, public or private institutions, units of State and local governments, eligible agencies of the Federal government, faith-based organizations, domestic or foreign entities.
- Eligible principal investigators are those with the skills, knowledge, and resources necessary to carry out the proposed research.
- Only one application may be submitted by an individual principal investigator.
- Applications must be prepared using the PHS 398 research grant application instructions and forms (rev. 5/2001). The PHS 398 is available at http://grants.nih.gov/grants/funding/phs398/phs398.html.
- Telecommunications for the hearing impaired: TTY 301-451-0088
Who can apply:
City Or Township Governments
Federally Recognized Indian Tribal Governments
Independent School Districts
Native American Organization
Non-Government - General
Nonprofits Having A 501(C)(3) Status With The IRS, Other Than Institutions Of Higher Education
Nonprofits That Do Not Have A 501(C)(3) Status With The IRS, Other Than Institutions Of Higher Education
Other Private Institution/Organization
Private Institutions Of Higher Education
Private Nonprofit Institution/Organization (Includes Institutions Of Higher Education, Hospitals)
Public And State Controlled Institutions Of Higher Education
Public Housing Authorities/Indian Housing Authorities
Quasi-Public Nonprofit Institution/Organization
Small Business (Less Than 500 Employees
Special District Governments
State (Includes District Of Columbia; Includes Institutions Of Higher Education And Hospitals)
U.S. Territories And Possessions (Includes Institutions Of Higher Education, Hospitals)
Eligible functional categories:
National Institute of Child Health and Human Development Extramural Research
If you have problems accessing the full announcement, please contact:
NIH OER Webmaster